That's the name of the car, nicknamed it a long time ago because it "Squeaks" (Bushings worn) and it's done that at least since I've owned it.
It's been sitting for 20 years now and it shows. Used to look pretty good but time and just sitting has taken it's toll, I decided to do it as something to do plus if I don't try now it will probrably never get done.
Anyway, here's a few shots of it as is right now.
From it being hauled to the shop.
Sitting in the shop next to a few others.
Just replaced the stater solenoid on the firewall and changed the oil, engine is still OK that I can tell. Not locked and actually turns easily by socket and breaker bar.
This is how it was before any work began on it:
So...... ATM I need to find a carburator (Doesn't have to be a good one) to test fire the engine and a few other things, then it's on to whatever. The body's overall condition ATM is suspect and do have another lined up if I need to get it.
Anyone got a 4-barrel carb? Doesn't have to be any good really (woudn't hurt though if it was), just something to regulate the air intake so it doesn't fire up at WOT when I prime it. I can work on getting a proper one for it later if I must. It's an equal-bore intake so a spread bore will not work with it. Have a few things yet I can trade for it of course.
Since the post I made I've test fired the engine and it ran perfectly so that's a huge plus and now the real work has begun. Since it needed a carb I got my hands on a Demon 850 double pumper/mechanical secondary and it's on the engine.
I believe sometime this week the interior will be stripped out to fully inspect the floorpans and get a real picture of what it needs and go from there.
We had it up on a lift the other week and although it has problems there was nothing severe enough it coudn't be fixed. More as things develop.
When I was a kid I had a 1972 Gran Torino for a while. It had a 429 with a 3-speed auto. Man that car was fast and tough as nails.
Basically the same with this one.
It's the same ATM as it was when I built it back in the spring of 88 - In fact nothing about it has been changed since that time but could be during the work to be done.
Originally a 429 "Thunderjet", bored .030 over and stroked via a 460 crank to 466 CID with forged aluminum pistons. Every other part in the engine period has a factory part number on it including it having an authentic Cobra Jet camshaft, not one of those "Copies" of it. DOVE/DIVE heads with the exhaust ports worked to open and smooth them out plus like the cam, a genuine set of Cobra Jet exhaust manifolds too.
Easier to work with, plus they'll last forever in comparison to headers and don't have ground-clearance (Speed bump) problems.
Were cheaper at the time too, I gave $40 for the set - You won't even touch a set like these now for under $500 and that's dirt-assed cheap for them today.
Heavy duty C6 trans: Indicated by the cast iron tail housing instead of it being aluminum like most others and the fact it came from an old Game Warden's car. Got it from the same guy I got the exhaust manifolds from for $75. Just changed the filter, dropped it in, filled with fluid and that was it. If it needs building
I can probrably do that myself.
9-inch rear with 3:00 gears.
The above are the basics of how it is now, I do have a few changes planned for it.
All depends on the funds available period AFTER the base priorites are met which is to make it sound structurally and mechanically.
Changing the front brakes from drum to disc.
Change the cam plus the rocker arms and valve springs.
Would also like another intake for it to give it a little more "Omph" and also to cut the engine weight down a bit.